It is important to prepare prior to your transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) and cardioversion (CV) for atrial fibrillation procedure to ensure accurate test results and make the appropriate arrangements for post procedure care. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us directly and we’ll be happy to answer any inquiries regarding your appointment.
Please follow these guidelines to adequately prepare:
- Do not eat, drink, smoke, or consume caffeine after midnight the night before your scheduled procedure.
- If you are diabetic, DO NOT take your diabetic medications.
- You are allowed to take all other prescribed medications, including blood pressure medications, the morning of your procedure with a small amount of water, unless otherwise instructed by your physician.
- Do not forget your health insurance cards and photo ID.
- Someone should be with you to drive you home from the hospital after your procedure. You should also arrange for someone to stay with you at home for the first 24 hours after you are discharged from the hospital.
Please arrive at the hospital 2 hours prior to your scheduled appointment time.
All TEE and CV appointments will take place at the Anne Arundel Medical Center, 2001 Medical Parkway, Annapolis, MD 21401. If you have questions on how to get there please call 443-481-1000. Once you arrive, take the elevators next to the ER triage desk up to the 2nd floor. You will exit the elevators into the “Short Stay Unit”. Turn left off of the elevator and check in at the main desk.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment, please contact Lacy McKinney between 9 AM and 5PM at 410-573-9805 on the business day prior to your appointment.