Our medical professionals are here to ensure all of your questions are answered before, during, and after a procedure. If you have any special requests or concerns, please contact us and let us know.
If you are having a cardiac catheterization, please follow these guidelines:
- No eating, drinking, smoking, or caffeine after midnight the night before your scheduled procedure.
- If you are taking Warfarin (Coumadin) or any prescribed or over-the-counter NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) pain relievers (e.g. – Advil, Aleve, Ibuprofen, Mobic, Motrin, etc.), please STOP taking them 4 days prior to your procedure.
- If you are currently taking Aspirin, Plavix, or Effient, DO NOT STOP taking these medications.
- If you are diabetic, DO NOT take your diabetic medications.
- You can take all other prescribed medications, including blood pressure medications, the morning of your procedure with a small amount of water, unless otherwise instructed by your physician.
- Don’t forget your health insurance cards and photo ID.
- Someone should be with you to drive you home from the hospital after your procedure. You should also arrange for someone to stay with you at home for the first 24 hours after you are discharged from the hospital.
Please arrive at the hospital 2 hours prior to your scheduled appointment time.
Anne Arundel Medical Center
2001 Medical Parkway, Annapolis, MD 21401, 443-481-1000
Take the elevators (next to the ER triage desk) up to the 2nd floor. This will literally drop you off into the “Short Stay Unit”. Turn left off the elevator and check in at the main desk.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment, please contact us between 9 AM and 5PM at 410-573-9805 on the business day prior to your appointment.