To ensure accurate data collection during your Stress Cardiolite and Regadenosine (Nuclear Stress Test), we ask that you take the necessary steps prior to your appointment to minimize any possible interference. If at any time you have questions or concerns regarding your preparations or test, please do not hesitate to contact us as we will gladly answer any inquiries pertaining to your appointment.
Please follow these guidelines prior to your appointment:
- Do not eat, drink, or smoke 6 hours prior to your appointment time.
- Refrain from all caffeine-containing foods and beverages for 24 hours prior to your study.
- You are allowed to take your prescribed medications, including blood pressure medications, the morning of the test with small amounts of water or juice, unless otherwise instructed by your physician.
- If you are diabetic, DO NOT take your diabetic medications. You should bring them with you since you will be instructed during the test when you may take them. Call the imaging center 48 hours before your scan to let them know that you have diabetes.
- Bring a light lunch with you. You will be informed during the test when it is OK to eat.
- Dress appropriately for a stress test (loose clothing, walking shoes, etc.). Women should wear a two-piece outfit. Do not wear a full dress or a full slip. Do not wear flip-flops or slip on shoes.
- Please arrive 15 to 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to complete the necessary paperwork.
- Do not forget your health insurance cards and photo ID.
- Do not forget your referral (if required by your health insurance company).
- Bring reports of any previous cardiac studies you have had (e.g. – EKG, nuclear stress test, coronary angiography, operative reports, etc.).
- After your scan:
- You can leave immediately.
- Your activity will not be restricted. You may resume your normal diet, exercise, and take all prescribed medications.
- If you plan to travel within 2 weeks of your nuclear stress test, let us know so we can give you a note.
We make every effort to schedule your test in a timely and efficient manner. Please remember that this test *may* require prior authorization from your insurance company and that could take up to 72 hours (or 3 BUSINESS days) to obtain. Someone from our office will contact you as soon as possible to schedule your test once prior authorization requirements are met.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have questions and/or need to reschedule your appointment, please contact us during normal office hours from 9 AM to 5 PM. In preparation for your scheduled test, we must order the required medication and the costs are paid in advance as a convenience to our patients. Please be advised that there will be a charge of $125.00 for all cardiac stress test appointments missed and/or not canceled within 24 hours of the scheduled appointment. NO EXCEPTIONS.